We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for ETD 2019, the 22nd International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations. This is the key international conference to attend in order to stay abreast of developments and trends in ETD initiatives around the world.
Plan to attend this important conference and consider submitting a proposal to present a paper or a poster exploring one of the themes of the symposium. This is an exciting opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with the larger ETD community.
Proposal submission deadline:
May 15, 2019 May 31, 2019 (extended date)
Notification of acceptance: June 30, 2019
Submission of full papers: August 31, 2019
Extended Abstract/Poster/PowerPoint (PPT) Presentation submission deadline: October 15, 2019
The conference theme “Fruits of Knowledge” focuses on relevant best practices to support ETD procedures, innovation and use. We aim to examine topics such as innovative ETDs, changing technological environments and legal and ethical issues. A reflection on the contribution of ETDs to the development of education, social integration, economic growth and technological progress will be the core goal of ETD 2019.
We invite you to submit proposals that address the following or related sub-themes:
ETDs for a sustainable world:
- Access to information and knowledge: contribution to a sustainable world (educational, social, economic and technological development);
- ETDs around the world;
- Data Repositories.
Policies and legal aspects:
- National and international policies and agreements;
- Open data policies;
- Intellectual property rights;
- Data protection: sharing and storing of content; embargoes and restrictions;
- ETDs publication.
- Research data, digital preservation, persistent URLs, archiving;
- Data curation: to find, to access, to re-use;
- Innovative ETDs: beyond PDF files (using new media: interactive graphics and embedded sound and video, websites).
- Open source software: sustainability of software developed locally and large open source systems;
- Changing technical environments.
- Reaching out to new audiences: Communication and promotion strategies;
- Staff and knowledge within the community, planning, training and development.
Other topics related to ETDs but not limited within the sub-themes above may also be considered.
To know about the submission process and to submit your proposal, go to Submission.